We collect information about you for a number of reasons. The information we collect and the way we use it differs depending on our relationship with you and the way or the reason you are interacting with us. We only collect the information we need either to provide you with services that you have requested or for our own legitimate business needs, for example, to keep our website running smoothly. We will always comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993.
Unless we tell you otherwise, all of the information we collect will be collected directly from you. Any information you give us will be stored securely and only used appropriately.
If you visit and browse our website, we will log information about how you got to our website, where you go within the website and any features you might use while browsing. If you ask us to contact you, we will collect the information you provide to us on our online form including your name, email address and phone number. This information is used to contact you and respond to any questions, comments or feedback you send us.
We welcome and encourage questions. If you send us a question via our website, we ask you to provide personal information such as your name, email address and phone number. We do this by asking you to enter these details into an online form on our website. We use this information to respond to your questions.
If you sign up to our mailing list we will collect personal information, such as your name, email address and phone number. We do this by asking you to enter your details into an online form on our website. We use this information to send you updates or news from time to time.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking on the link on any of our update emails.
If you interact with us on social media – if you follow, like, comment or mention us on we will have access to your interactions and your profile information. We get this information from our interaction with you or from the social media platform and we will still have access to this information even if you remove your interaction later. We, or these social media providers, may use this information to analyse and track usage, how people interact with our content and to deliver targeted advertising. We may also use this information to communicate with you.
Why is the personal information collected, used or disclosed?
We may use or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- communicating with you;
- complying with our legal obligations;
- assisting us to provide information and services to you;
- our internal processes such as quality control, record keeping and auditing;
- to conduct research to improve our services; and
- for other purposes you may consent to from time to time.
Who we disclose your information to
We will only disclose your information in a way that’s consistent with the purposes for which the information was collected to:
- Nextdore related companies;
- our employees, service providers, agents and related companies to:
- exercise our rights under any agreements between us and you; or
- perform our obligations to you; or
- functions associated with those tasks or as otherwise described in this policy; or
- make sure you are complying with your obligations to us.
- any person or entity you request or authorise us to disclose your personal information to; and
- an external party, such as a government regulator or law enforcement agency, if required or authorised by law.
- Any person included in subparagraph (a) and (b) will be contractually bound to use the personal information that is shared with them only to perform the services they have been hired to provide.
Protecting your information
We understand that privacy is important to you. We use reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by:
- restricting access to personal information stored on our systems;
- requiring that our contractors and agents take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- ensuring industry standard security measures are implemented such as firewalls, virus protection and password protection;
- restricting and control access to our offices and sites.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary under the law or for the purposes for which we gathered the information. Once your personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed.
If you believe the Nextdore has breached the Privacy Act, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing. We aim to resolve complaints in a reasonable time, usually within 30 days. We may contact you to request further information in order to provide you with a complete response. If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at: